That’s right, ladies and gents! I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it! Why? Not only is it the weekend, but I was nominated for my very first ever tag/award! Yup. Jasmine @ Jasmine’s Reading was kind enough to nominate me for the Mystery Blogger Award! (Get it? ‘Cuz I’m all new and mysterious and all that?) 😉
Seriously, though… I couldn’t have been more thrilled when I saw the ping for the nomination. So thank you again, Jasmine! If you aren’t following Jasmine’s blog, you should go check it out. It’s bright, colorful, and pretty, and she posts some great discussions (check out her most recent discussion post to see what I’m talking about)! Alright!! On to this awesome award, created by Okota Enigma…
The Mystery Blogger Award
- Put the award/logo image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself and answer the questions provided by your nominator
- Share your link to your best post(s)
- Nominate 5 people for the award
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with 1 weird or funny question (specify)
3 Things About Myself
- I’m part Italian, which is probably why I love pasta so much. (Especially lasagna and chicken alfredo.)
- The meaning of my name is “free”, which is how I came up with my oh so clever blog name. Ha!
- I’ve been debating on getting a tattoo for a while now. I keep changing my mind about what I want, and that makes me nervous. Tattoos are life long. If I keep changing my mind now, who’s to say I won’t change my mind after it’s been permanently inked into my flesh forever? Maybe one day I’ll just GO FOR IT. Probably not anytime soon, though.
1. How do you keep track of the books you’ve read and want to read?
I’ve kept a book journal (notebook) for about two years now. I just write down the book title, author, and my rating when I finish a book. I jot down books that catch my interest. I recently discovered the incredible Goodreads and it’s life. Now I can keep track of everything there, but I’ll still continue with my book journal. I think it’s good to have stuff written down on paper, too. Just in case. (You can add me on Goodreads if you’re interested!)
2. Is there a book that you were required to read and really enjoyed?
To Kill a Mockingbird is the first book that comes to mind, simply because I was fearful that I wouldn’t enjoy it at all. Of course, it ended up becoming one of my top reads.
3. Describe your perfect reading experience (where are you, what’s the weather like outside, what is the time of day, be as detailed as possible).
Laying out on the beach, warm sun beaming down on me, a good thriller or mystery book in hand, sand between my toes, a slight breeze blowing by. Tiny waves crashing against the shore. Every once in a while you’ll hear a flock of seagulls overhead. Other than that, it’s peaceful. Quiet. Solitude. So relaxing and rejuvenating. That’s my perfect reading experience.
4. Name a book that changed your life or transformed your opinions or perspective on something.
Dang, Jasmine! Give me all the difficult questions! Haha! I believe there are several books that have changed my outlook on things… but the one that’s sticking in my mind right now is The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.
It’s the story of two polar opposite sisters in France during WWII. A touching and beautiful tale, this book made me view WWII differently. Not just the war aspect, but everything that came with it. War. Love. Life. Longing. Loneliness. Heartache. Strength. Pain. Passion. Fright. Devastation. Although it’s fiction, it was centered around actual events. Horrible events. And it opened my mind and heart in so many ways. If you’ve not read that book, I highly recommend you do so!
5. If you’re comfortable, please share a really embarrassing moment (maybe it’s book-related)!
If we want to keep it book-related, how about the time(s) when you (actually, me) are browsing the erotica section and continue to get odd looks by strangers? And then you walk up to the register to check out, only to discover the worker behind the counter is a 65 year old man. Hesitant about continuing with this purchase, you pause, hoping maybe he hasn’t seen you yet and you can turn around and put the books back on the shelf. Nope. Not happening. You’ve been spotted. There’s no turning back now. It’s all over. You smile a little and lay your books face down on the counter, hoping he won’t be nosy like the others. Nope again. He flips your books over face-up and starts reading the titles out loud for everyone and their grandma to hear. “Strip You Bare”, he yells while eyeing you up and down, a strange look creeping across his face. “The Pornographers. The Bikini Diaries. Naked.” Your face turns as red as a chili pepper while you wonder if he’s doing this intentionally, or maybe he really is just some old guy who is halfway deaf and has no idea he’s embarrassing the hell out of you. Either way, you’re so embarrassed you wish you could run and hide in shame. Yeah, that’s probably my most despised embarrassing moments. (Also, I hate when people judge you for what you read. I get that I shouldn’t be ashamed, and I’m not anymore, but a few years ago, I would literally die when that kind of stuff happened. I learned to get over it. And never be ashamed of the type of books I like to read.)
My Best Post(s)
Man, there’s so many posts to choose from! This decision is critical! (Not really.) Haha! With a grand total of two posts on my blog while typing this, there aren’t many to choose from! I’ll go with my latest post, my review of Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu simply because it was my very first review on the blog, with many more to come in the future! Everyone is a teensy-bit proud of their very first posts and/or reviews, right? Just because we had the courage and motivation to get on here and start a blog in the first place! (Sidenote: if you love Batman, I highly recommend that book.)
Abigail @ Abigail’s Books
Suziey @ All the Books in the Libraries
Hanna @ Hanna W’s Reads
Eva @ Novel Deelights
Kim @ Troubled Bibliophile
My Questions For My Nominees
- If you could only read either the beginning of a book for the rest of your life, or the end of a book for the rest of your life, which would you pick and why?
- Recommend me books with titles that start with the first letter of each letter in your name. (For ex: five letters in your name equals five book recs)
- Do you think there are any cons, or negative effects, of being an avid reader? Please explain your answer either way.
- How often do you post on your blog? And do you have a posting schedule/plan?
- (Weird/Funny Question) What’s the strangest place you’ve ever taken a book with you?
And my first ever tag/award is complete! Whoop-whoop! Alright, I’ve gotta thank Jasmine one last time for the nomination! I did a little research to try to nominate those who hadn’t posted the tag/award before… but if, for some reason, I missed it, or you just don’t feel like participating… please, no worries! We’re all good here either way! But I’m looking forward to seeing your responses to my questions!
PS: I signed up for Bloglovin’! Check it out!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Until next time…